Mossop collaborated with St Mark’s College and Cheesman Architects to deliver the new Cloisters and Library Fitout project, which was delivered in 26 weeks, with handover in January 2019. Mossop have previously worked with Cheesman Architects to complete the New Accommodation Building and Multi-Deck Carpark for St Mark’s College.
The project comprised the following scope of works which were undertaken with the existing kitchen and dining hall located on ground floor in operation:
- Partial demolition of the external and internal building fabric;
- Construction of new lift shaft and new cloisters incorporating a First Floor balcony;
- Provision of new café style multi-fold glazed doors for access to new balcony;
- Provision of complying fire escape stairs and modification to service yard;
- Internal refurbishment of the old library on the First Floor to be used as a learning hub;
- Upgrade of existing internal stairs;
- Installation of new lift within entrance to the existing Dining Hall to allow disabled Access to First Floor;
- Modifications to building entrance;
- Provision of all electrical, mechanical, fire protection, hydraulic services, and vertical transportation associated with the building works.